Keeping Your Wood Furniture Beautiful
The finished solid wood and genuine wood veneers used in the manufacture of your furniture are finished with a high quality catalyzed conversion varnish designed to withstand the hard wear of continuous usage for many years. The finishing materials are specially formulated to meet the most stringent industry performance standards for resistance to moisture, food stains, fruit acids, alcohol, grease, soap, and detergents. This finish protects the wood and enhances its natural beauty. The following care guidelines are recommended to keep your furniture beautiful:
- REGULAR EXTERIOR CLEANING requires only wiping with a damp cloth and then drying. Remove oil, grease, or general soil using a clean cloth dampened with a fresh solution of mild soap and water. Rinse with a clean, damp cloth, and then dry thoroughly.
- REPAIR ALL NICKS AND SCRATCHES with a matching wood tone touch up kit formulated to match the furniture finish available from your local building supply retailer.
- AVOID USING HARSH DETERGENTS, STRONG SOAP, ABRASIVE CLEANERS, OR SELF POLISHING WAXES. All of these items can remove the furniture’s factory applied protective finish.
- AVOID USING CLEANING RAGS to clean or dry furniture exterior. It may contain remnants of detergents and grease.
- AS SOON AS INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED wipe furniture exteriors with a soft cloth dampened with water. Dry immediately with another clean, soft cloth. Follow with a very light coast of high quality liquid or paste was that does not contain a cleaner. Cover only a small portion of the surface at a time and rub immediately, before the wax sets, in the direction of the wood grain. This treatment helps resist excessive moisture and prevents damage to the finish. Clean and was exteriors occasionally (at least every six months). If you use a spray wax, spray the wax on cloth, then wipe on furniture.
- MAINTAIN MOVING PARTS on a regular basis. Components, such as hinges and drawer slides, are moving parts and require regular attention to assure long life. Build up of dust and dirt wear at these pieces and can cause failure. Gentle cleaning on an annual basis with a clean cloth and lubricate with light non sticky oil.
Keeping Your Laminate Tops Beautiful
Furniture with laminate tops are designed with a resistant surface for easy cleaning. Their beautiful protective finish will last for years with minimal care. The following care guidelines are recommended for maintenance of your furniture tops:
- CLEAN ALL SPILLS IMMEDIATELY using a soft cloth and clear water. This surface resists many common substances, and most will wipe clean with just a damp cloth or sponge.
- REMOVE OIL, GREASE, OR OTHER GENERAL SOIL that does not respond to water alone by using a clean cloth dampened with a fresh solution of mild soap and water. Rinse with a clean cloth dampened with clear water and dry thoroughly.
- AVOID USING HARSH DETERGENTS, ABRASIVE CLEANERS, OR BLEACH as these substances can damage the laminate surface and impair its protective qualities.
- AVOID USING CLEANING RAGS to clean or dry furniture tops. It may contain remnants of detergents and grease.
Click image to view as PDF